Crispy, chewy and healthier than your average spring roll recipe. Try this baked spring roll recipe as a side with your next chicken or beef dish, served with rice.
I have been loving “slaw mix” so much over the past year or two. From the flourless egg roll bowl to now the baked spring roll, I have been eating it in more ways than just coleslaw.
In saying that, coleslaw has become something that I am totally digging the past few months. I add dill weed and lots of black pepper… it is SO good! It is a quick and easy way to get those veggies in.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more found under FAQ
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SPRING ROLL AND AN EGG ROLL
Crispy, chewy and filled with flavour.
Spring rolls are much thinner compared to egg rolls. Egg rolls are made using a thicker wrapper making them more crispy whereas spring rolls are made using a thin flour or rice wrapper.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BAKED SPRING ROLLS
Follow the recipe for my flourless egg roll by cooking ground turkey or beef, sautéing coleslaw, some black pepper and soya sauce in a skillet. Then you just take that mixture and fold it into some spring roll wrappers, give a little egg wash and bake.
It is a pretty easy dish to prepare. You can eat them as a meal in itself served with a salad or simply as a side dish with some chicken/beef and rice.
- Ground Turkey or Beef
- Bagged Coleslaw
- Soya Sauce
- Black Pepper
- Spring Roll Wrappers
- 1 Egg White
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
CAN YOU FREEZE HOMEMADE SPRING ROLLS
Prepare spring rolls ahead of time.
Yes! One thing I love about this recipe is that you can make them ahead of time and freeze them. Preparing these ahead of time will save prep time. You can reheat them in the oven for 18 minutes on 400F.
WHAT TO DIP YOUR SPRING ROLL IN
Plum sauce, sweet and sour, get creative.
Springs rolls or egg rolls need dipping. Am I right? You could easily get creative and make your own dipping sauce, but I simply just use plum or sweet and sour.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE HOMEMADE SPRING ROLLS
Easy using a large spring roll wrappers.
You can find rice wrappers or spring roll wrappers in the produce section of your grocery store.
They are very easy to assemble. Simply add your mixture to the corner section of a piece of rice wrapper, roll over the corner, turn in the edges and roll until you get to the end corner.
This baked spring roll recipe will have you coming back for more. With its crispy texture and amazing taste, this is one that will be loved by all.
PS. If you are looking for some other yummy recipes, check these out:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Quick and Healthy Meatballs
- Chicken Tenders
- Veggie Nachos
- Healthy Cheesecake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
PPS. If you make any of my recipe please tag me on Instagram @_thymewithheather I love seeing your takes on my recipe! Oh, and be sure to leave a comment on the recipe you tried on here!
- 1 pkg ground beef (optional)
- 1 Egg white
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1 pkg coleslaw mix
- 1 tbsp everyday seasoning (Mrs. dash herb and garlic is a great substitute)
- 1 Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 14-16 spring roll wrappers
- In a medium skillet, cook ground beef until juices run clear on medium heat, in extra virgin olive oil.
- Once cooked, add in your coleslaw mix, soya sauce, seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Sautee until slaw mix is tender, about 4-5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat.
- On a flat service, lay one sheet of spring roll wrapper. Place a tbsp to a tbsp and a half in the middle of the wrapper.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Fold over one corner, tucking under the slaw mix.
- Fold in the outer corners, and roll until the end. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. (see images above in post)
- Repeat steps 5-7 until all wrappers and slaw mix are used up.
- Brush each spring roll, on all sides, with egg white using a kitchen brush.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
* this is an estimate based off of 16 servings *