Cinnamon chip muffins make the perfect breakfast or snack any day of the week. Sweetened with cinnamon chips, sugar and a cinnamon-sugar top, these muffins are perfect!
I am back on the sweets train and I have a few not so healthy sweet treat desserts coming at you! Balance y’all, you gotta live a little. Just because you make a dozen of your favourite muffin doesn’t mean you eat them all.
By the time, I give some muffins to a friend and my husband eats a few I only usually have 2-3 myself. Especially when they are that good and don’t last long.
Cinnamon chip recipes are usually scones, but I wanted to make something simple using cinnamon chips. Also, my mom had to send me the cinnamon chips because for some reason here in Northern Alberta there is none.
These cinnamon chip muffins are super easy to make, they taste great and they make a great breakfast with a hot coffee, tea or cold glass of milk. The cinnamon-sugar top totally gives these muffins an extra kick.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more found under FAQ
WHAT GOES IN CINNAMON CHIP MUFFINS
To make these Cinnamon Chip Muffins you will need two bowls, one for dry ingredients, and one for your wet ingredients. A little elbow grease and some cooking time and you then enjoy your yummy treat.
- Flour, White or Whole Wheat
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Cinnamon Chips
- Brown Sugar
- Spray oil
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON CHIP MUFFINS
Here are the steps for making Cinnamon Chip Muffins
- Pre-heat oven 350F.
- Measure out all dry ingredients, except cinnamon and brown sugar, into a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir together.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk together butter, sugar, milk and egg.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, mix everything together until combined.
- Fold in your cinnamon chips.
- Mix together cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Spray muffin tin with spray oil.
- Fill 12 muffin tins 3/4 full with batter.
- Top each muffin with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until no longer soft in the centre. Check with a toothpick at the 18-minute mark.
- Remove from muffin tins and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
HOW TO STORE CINNAMON CHIP MUFFINS
Cinnamon Chip Muffins are best stored in an air-tight container or wrapped individually in press-n-seal and frozen. They are great stored in a container for up to 5 days. And you can freeze them for several months. Simply thaw to enjoy!
PS. If you are looking for some other sweets to try, check these out:
- Low-Calorie Cinnamon Rolls
- Healthy Mini Apple Pies
- Easy Healthy Cheesecake
- Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Banana Berry Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies