Easy, healthy buffalo chicken dip recipe that is served great with carrots, celery, tortilla chips, etc. and includes other add-in options like chives, and more.
I love spicy foods, especially buffalo sauce. That stuff is good on everything. I’m all about quick, easy and simplified recipes, so I decided to put together this healthy buffalo chicken dip.
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP INGREDIENTS
When you’re busy and looking for simple, easy recipes, the fewer ingredients the better. #hellomomlife
As you’ve read in a lot of my other posts, quick and easy dishes are at the top of my list when it comes to getting dinner on the table. Life is busy, being a first-time working momma, simple recipes are key for me when it comes to finding a balance in everyday life. Because at the end of the day, momma needs to unwind! Here are my tips on how I find time to unwind.
For this recipe, I used light cheese, Greek yogurt, chicken breast, jalapenos, parmesan cheese, low-fat cream cheese and buffalo sauce. A few simple ingredients and one yummy dish. You can also add ingredients like blue cheese, chives, green onion, etc. to “dress” it up a little.
WHAT TO EAT WITH THIS DIP
Having a variety of choices when it comes to what goes best with any dip is great, especially when it comes to entertaining.
The flavours of this dip make it easy to pair with just about anything. Try this dip with;
- Bell Pepper Scoops
- Tostito Chips
- Fresh Baguette
My thoughts, get creative. I like to keep things healthy, considering it is a healthy dip. However, I am all about balance, hence why I mentioned both chips and baguette as a great dipping food.
Having different options when it comes to dipping, means this dip makes not only a great snack but lunch or dinner. You could even serve this leftover dip on a wrap. A quick, easy and healthy lunch or dinner, served with a side of veggies and ranch dip. Talk about a balanced and nutritional meal.
MAKE-AHEAD BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
When you can make this dip ahead of time, it means that you can save time before your guest arrives or meal prep for the week ahead.
This is dip is also good made the day before. It makes for a quick dish to heat in the oven if you are entertaining guests, or if you want to have something prepared to just pop in the oven on a busy day.
Once the dish has been made, it will be good in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. If you think that the leftovers will go bad, portion out what’s left and freeze. Once frozen pop in the microwave to thaw/heat and serve.
Feel free to share this recipe <3
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy
- 4 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 3 Chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 tbsp Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 cup Cheese, grated
- 1/2 block Cream cheese, low-fat, softened
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Spray oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cook your chicken breast until well done, juices run clear, if you haven't done so already.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together using a hand mixer, cream cheese, and greek yogurt.
- Blend in your buffalo sauce, jalapeno, half of the shredded cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Add your chicken and stir until well combined.
- Spray a medium-sized baking dish with oil.
- Evenly layer in your dip mix using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 18-24 mins uncovered until cheese has browned and the dip is bubbling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g
* this is an estimate *