When you take frozen peaches, combine them with a few other ingredients and a little amount of time, you get a yummy homemade healthy peach jam.
Mmm, peaches! Peaches were one of my biggest cravings throughout my pregnancy. Especially fresh! However, where I live, a tasty fresh peach is hard to come by, so frozen it is.
I have been interested in wanting to try and make my own jam for the past few months. Finally, I got the chance. I did it on a whim. I had some frozen peaches on hand, some honey and lemon juice.
This healthy peach jam recipe only contains three ingredients. As you’ve read in some other post on here, less is more. Especially when you are a busy mom. Timing is everything. My little lady will often join me in the kitchen in her chair. But, she must be entertained.
All you need is one bag of frozen peaches, honey, and lemon juice. I’m sure for most of us we have lemon juice in our fridge, and honey in the pantry. Peaches, well if you like them you probably have those too!
My go-to breakfast most days is a quick toasted English muffin. I love mine extra toasted and crispy, topped with jam.
I love having a variety of jam on hand in the fridge. I like any and all kinds, however, I am not a big fan of the sugar that comes with it. And some “no-sugar-added” jams just don’t cut it for me.
I think with this recipe you could get away with any kind of frozen berry too, following the same ingredient measurements. My next is to try blueberry. That is one of my husband’s favourite jams.
HOW TO BOTTLE HOMEMADE PEACH JAM
When it comes to bottling homemade jam you want to make sure that your jars are heated in the oven for 10 minutes at a temperature of 250F. Putting the jam in hot jars will help them seal tightly and ensure that the homemade jam maintains it’s freshness.
After about an hour of the jam cooling in the jars, you will hear a popping sound which is what creates the tight seal. Allow the jam to cool at room temperature overnight.
Make sure you mash the mixture with a potato masher, mashing the jam mixture like “you are in it to win it”. MASH it, baby!
PS. Here are some other recipes that you might be interested in trying:
Healthy Peach Jam
When you take frozen peaches, combine them with a few other ingredients, and a little amount of time, you get a yummy homemade healthy peach jam.
- 1 600g frozen peach slices
- 1 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a large boiling pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil, boil for 15 minutes and stir continuously to prevent the jam from burning on.
- After 15 minutes, remove from heat, mash with a potato masher, and let stand for 10 minutes (the jam will thicken as it sits).
- Wash and prepare three small mason jars.
- Preheat the oven to 250F and place the glass jar, not the lid, in the oven for 10 minutes to hear up.
- Fill each mason jar to almost full and place the lid on tightly.
- After about an hour you will hear a popping noise that is the lid sealing to the jar.
- Let the jarred jam sit for 4-5 hours or overnight to allow bottles to self-seal.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 42 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g
* this is an estimate based off of 42 tbsp. *