A yummy delicious bow-tie pasta recipe to bring as your side dish to the next party or gathering you are attending.
There is nothing more satisfying than the taste of pasta… Y’all feel me? And how adorable is bow-tie pasta? I mean, look at how appetizing they look once they’re cooked! I once learned that the presentation of your food can have an effect on how well you enjoy the meal. Our brain is one amazing thing!
But, seriously… who doesn’t love PASTA? As adults, we are never too old for the fun shapes and sizes in our food, are we?
Pasta has always been a weakness of mine, and I love a yummy filling salad, as a side dish with a BBQ any day over the potato. Meaning, I’d definitely take bow-tie pasta salad over potato salad, any day. Speaking of pasta check out this quick and easy spaghetti sauce recipe.
I combined a few different flavours in this recipe to give it a little burst to the taste buds and of course some different colors, and textures. This recipe also lasted for about a week in my fridge, which made for easy lunches, or a side with some protein.
- 1 pkg of bow-tie pasta noodles, cooked al dente.
- 1 (384 ml) can of sliced black olives, drained.
- 1/3 of a cup of extra virgin olive oil, light tasting.
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, diced.
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green onion.
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese or feta cheese.
- 3/4 - 1 cup of sliced cherry tomato.
- 1 heaping tbsp of Mrs. Dash herb and garlic seasoning (you can add an extra 1/2 tbsp for extra flavor).
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Prepare pasta noodles by cooking according to the directions on the package.
- While noodles are cooking prepare the remaining ingredients, except for the olive oil and seasonings.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together olive oil and spices/seasonings. Stir until well combined.
- Once noodles are cooked, strain off the water, using a colander, and the noodles under cold water to cool them quickly for about five minutes, turning and tossing the noodles frequently.
- Once the noodles are cooled, add them to a large serving bowl.
- Add in your chopped vegetables and olives. Stir it all together.
- Fold in your cheese.
- Add your olive oil dressing mixture and combine well.
- Chill for 2 hours and serve.
- Last in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
*based in 10 servings this is an estimate*