These pumpkin oat bars make for the perfect fall breakfast or snack, paired with your favourite hot beverage. Some ingredients include oats, pumpkin spice, coconut sugar and pure maple syrup.
Taking a bite into these pumpkin oat bars was such a bittersweet feeling. I love pumpkin, anything pumpkin flavoured for that matter. There is something so calming about it.
Oat bars have been on my list of things to try and make. With fall approaching I knew that I needed to incorporate pumpkin into the recipe. These healthy pumpkin oat bars will have you dancing back for more.
If you are looking for a quick breakfast or snack these pumpkin oat bars are great for that grab-n-go in the morning when you are headed out the door. And they pair perfectly with that pumpkin spiced coffee or latte.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more found under FAQ
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN OAT BARS
A few simple steps to a delicious crumbly healthy pumpkin oat bar.
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Prepare a square 8×8 baking dish with some spray oil.
- In a large mixing bowl for a stand mixer, whisk together maple syrup, melted butter, and sugar until combined.
- Continue to whisk in vanilla and pumpkin, until combined. Beat in egg.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl mix flour, oats, salt, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until everything is smooth and combined.
- Transfer mixture to the greased baking dish and spread out evenly with the back of a spoon or spatula. Bake for 22-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Serves 9-12 bars.
WHAT GOES IN PUMPKIN OAT BARS
Made with whole ingredients.
This recipe is made using whole ingredients. You will see that butter is listed as an ingredient in this recipe, I use grass-fed butter. For sweetness, I used pure maple syrup and coconut sugar.
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Melted Butter
- Coconut Sugar
- Large Egg
- Baking Soda
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Puree
- Sea Salt
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Quick Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Mixing Bowls
- Measure Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 8×8 Baking Dish
- Can Opener
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
HOW TO STORE BREAKFAST PUMPKIN OAT BARS
Freezer-friendly for a quick grab-n-go breakfast or snack.
These pumpkin oat bars make for some great meal prep if you like to have things on hand for a quick snack or breakfast. They are freezer-friendly, simply cut out once they’ve cooled, wrap in press-n-seal and freeze.
For a quick thaw, simply unwrap and defrost for 45-60 seconds. Or take them out the night before and thaw at room temperature. They also stay fresh for 4-5 days stored in an airtight container in your pantry.
PS. here are some other yummy pumpkin recipes:
PPS. Here are some other pretty popular recipes: