A lighted up and easy Skinny Broccoli Salad that will have your taste buds coming back for more with this perfect BBQ side dish. Made with broccoli, Greek yogurt, light mayo, cane sugar, or honey, and more, the flavour combination is perfect!
There is something about a delicious salad with anything fired up on the grill. I love adding some crunch to my plate this time of year and there is something about Skinny Broccoli Salad that brings so much flavour to a plate.
When putting together this Broccoli Salad Recipe I knew, like a lot of recipes around here, I wanted to keep it light, low-calorie and of course, still tasty! Greek yogurt being one of our favourite ingredients around here!
One thing I love about this Light and Easy Broccoli Salad recipe is that it is easy to make and you can make this salad ahead of time! And I can’t forget, you can enjoy this salad leftover too.
HOW TO MAKE SKINNY BROCCOLI SALAD
To keep this Easy Skinny Broccoli Salad recipe light, low in calories, and high in protein I used Greek yogurt as one of the main ingredients. As you can also see you have the option to use cane sugar or raw honey for sweetness. With keeping things light in this Broccoli Salad you will also note that when using mayo, bacon bits, and cheese, I used “light” options or low-sodium.
See recipe steps below:
- Chop broccoli into fine floret pieces, rinse, and pat dry.
- Rinse your grapes and cut grapes in half.
- Toss grapes and broccoli together in a large serving bowl.
- In a large measuring cup or a small mixing bowl, measure out and mix together Greek yogurt, mayo, sugar or honey, salt, pepper, vinegar, cheese, bacon bits, and walnuts or almonds to make the dressing.
- Add the dressing to the grape and broccoli mixture and stir until combined.
- Chill for up to 3 hours before serving, or overnight.
WHAT GOES IN SKINNY BROCCOLI SALAD
Here is what goes in Broccoli Salad:
- Broccoli Florets
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Light Mayo
- Cane Sugar or Honey
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Red and/or Green Seedless Grapes
- Light Shredded Cheese
- Bacon Bits, Low Sodium
- Chopped Walnuts or Sliced Almonds
- Optional: Red Onion
HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI SALAD SUPER HEALTHY
As super healthy as you can get it, this Healthy Broccoli Salad is much healthier than the traditional by using mainly Greek yogurt to make up the dressing component of the salad.
Also choosing light and low-sodium when it comes to the additives makes a difference too!
HOW TO MAKE SUPER SKINNY BROCCOLI SALAD DRESSING
To make Super Skinny Broccoli Salad Dressing you will combine plain Greek yogurt, light mayo, cane sugar or honey, sea salt, black pepper and vinegar.
It is that easy and that tasty! You’ll make this salad over and over.
DO YOU STEAM BROCCOLI FOR LIGHT AND EASY BROCCOLI SALAD
This recipe calls for raw broccoli. No need to steam, pre-cook or roast the broccoli for this recipe. Simply chop, rinse and serve raw. Easy!
PS. If you are looking for some other recipes ideas, check these out:
- Spinach Salad
- Bow-Tie Pasta Salad
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Home Fries
- Crock-Pot Lasagna
- Chicken Noodle Soup
PPS. If you are looking for some family-friendly healthy-ish recipes, check out our eBook’s:
- 4 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Light Mayo
- 2 tbsp. Cane Sugar or Honey
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Cup Red and/or Green Seedless Grapes, Halved
- 1/2 Cup Light Shredded Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Bacon Bits, Low Sodium
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Walnuts or Sliced Almonds
- Optional: 2 tbsp. Chopped Red Onion
1. Chop broccoli into fine floret pieces, rinse, and pat dry.
2. Rinse your grapes and cut grapes in half.
3. Toss grapes and broccoli together in a large serving bowl.
4. In a large measuring cup or a small mixing bowl, measure out and mix together Greek yogurt, mayo, sugar or honey, salt, pepper, vinegar, cheese, bacon bits, walnuts or almonds, and onion to make the dressing.
5. Add the dressing to the grape and broccoli mixture and stir until combined.
6. Chill for up to 3 hours before serving, or overnight.